Application Data Monitor
A Powerful and Affordable Solution to Fraud and Data Loss
NitroView Application Data Monitor (ADM) is the first and only product of it's kind — a simple and easy-to-use appliance that takes security and compliance beyond the limits of log management—monitoring all the way to the application layer, and providing full inspection of application contents for the deepest possible visibility into how your network is being used.
Threat activity is evolving, moving further "up the stack" to the application layer. At the same time, compliance requirements are demanding that all access to sensitive data be fully monitored, logged and audited. Unlike application log management, which provides only a surface view of how applications are being used, NitroView ADM looks directly into the application data: examining the underlying protocols, analyzing the full application session, and decoding the application contents.
NitroView ADM's full visibility into the contents of application and protocol traffic directly supports your compliance efforts by tracking all use of sensitive data on the network, while at the same time enabling a new level of threat detection, including the detection of:
- Advanced application-layer threats
- The unauthorized use or theft of confidential data
- Attacks on or from security "blind spots"
- The use of dangerous legacy code
- The theft or misuse of user credentials
- Sensitive data transmitted via any application
- Broken business processes
Maximum visibility into database transactions. Minimum effort.
NitroView DBM is a complete database protection solution that delivers non-intrusive, detailed security logging of databases and applications by monitoring all access to sensitive corporate and customer data. Nitro- View DBM's pre-defined rules and reports and privacy- friendly logging features make it easy to comply with compliance regulations such as PCI-DSS, HIPAA, NERC- CIP, FISMA, GLBA, SOX and others, while strengthening your overall security profile.
NitroView DBM is the only database activity monitoring product that not only consolidates database activity into a central audit repository, but also provides normalization, correlation, and real-time analysis of that activity-- enabling advanced security operations in addition to enterprise compliance auditing and reporting.
NitroView DBM monitors all database activity, and normalizes it for analysis with other pertinent security information, and by doing so it expands your visibility of user/data interaction to include user information, application contents, OS activity, vulnerabilities, and even network location.
NitroView DBM is able to:
- Track users across applications and connection pools
- Examine full session activity from login to logoff
- Detect sensitive data, and identify policy violations
- Discover spoofed identities and ghost accounts
- Detect leakage of data through authorized channels
- Correlate database activity to relevant security events
- Produce an audit trail of all database activity
- Generate detailed compliance reports for PCI, NERC, SOX and others
Enterprise Log Manager
Compliant Log Collection, Storage and Management
NitroView Enterprise Log Manager (ELM) automates the log management and analysis for all log types, including Windows Event logs, Database Logs, Application Logs, and Syslogs. Logs are signed and validated, ensuring authenticity and integrity—a necessity for regulatory compliance. Out-of-the-box, compliance rule sets and reports ensure that it is simple to prove your organization is in compliance and policies are being enforced.
NitroView's performance and scalability allow security information and log management functions to be tightly integrated. When a security event is generated, the parsed event files are linked directly to the source log file and even to the specific log record—for instant access during the event management and forensic processes.
NitroView ELM is an optional, integrated part of NitroView ESM, and can be deployed together using a single "combination" appliance, or distributed both horizontally and hierarchically to support even the largest networks.
In either case, NitroView ELM is easy to deploy: just select "enable logging" on any configured data source, and those logs will be digitally signed and stored, and retained in their original format for as long as is required for your specific compliance needs.
Logs can also be fully parsed, normalized, and analyzed by NitroView ESM—just as easily, and with no alteration of the original log files, supporting chain of custody and non-repudiation efforts.
The result is a tightly integrated log collection, management, and analysis environment that will both strengthen your security profile and dramatically improve your ability comply with standards such as PCI-DSS, HIPAA, NERC-CIP, FISMA, GLBA, SOX and others.
The World's Fastest and Most Scalable SIEM
NitroView ESM is an enterprise-class security information and event management system that identifies, correlates, and remediates threats faster than any other SIEM on the market.
- Report on Months of data in under 10 seconds
- Supports hundreds of thousands of events per second on a single appliance
- Scale even further—simply add new appliances
Security management needs continue to push the limits of security information management platforms, requiring massive scalability, broad and deep visibility into business and IT systems, and blazing analytical performance.
To accommodate these needs, next-generation security management must be built upon a foundation of performance and scalability, allowing security and compliance professionals to collect, store, analyze, and act upon risks and threats--quickly, easily and accurately.
NitroView ESM is the industry's most powerful and scalable SIEM solution available today, rising to the challenge of today's enterprise, government, and critical infrastructure networks. Leveraging our patented, high-speed and purpose-built data management engine, NitroView ESM is uniquely able to provide:
- Unbeatable performance, producing actionable information in minutes instead of hours
- Massive data collection across a wide range of information sources
- Content awareness for broad visibility and deep analytics
- Long-term data retention, for immediate access to years of event and flow
- Powerful detection & management of risks and threats
- Policy-aware Compliance Management
- Integrated tools for improved security workflow